Portland , OR 97208
Send an Email
> Directions to Club
About Mountain High Snowsport ClubThe greatest little ski club in the Portland (Oregon) area, providing ski trips, racing, and social events throughout the year (including golf, bowling, rafting, biking, and parties). Members are a 50/50 mix of singles and couples. Both skiers and snowboarders are welcome. Day trips to Mt. Hood, and longer trips throughout the western United States and Canada. Known as "the club that REALLY skis".
|Club Caters to:
Mountain High Snowsport Club Contact InformationMountain High Snowsport Club Website
Area ServedOregon and Washington. Mainly centered around Portland (Oregon) and Vancouver (Washington). But, we also have members living as far north as Yakima (Washington), and as far south as Salem (Oregon), and east to Bend (Oregon).
MeetingsBoard meetings, open to everyone, are every last Moday of the month, at the Round Table Pizza, 10070 SW Barbur Blvd., (near Capitol Hwy, behind McDonald's), Portland, OR 97034. Phone: 503-245-2211.
Quarterly all-members meetings/parties are announced in the club newsletter. Also, every month there are at least a couple of social gatherings or day-trips, also announced in the newsletter.
MembershipsMembership is restricted to 21 and older, but members can bring their young ones as guests. Annual membership is only $25 for singles and $40 for couples. If you join after the winter season is over, your membership automatically applies to the next winter season. Most members formally renew their membership at our annual Membership party in November, but one can join at any time by simply printing out the form posted on our web site. See www.mthigh.org/Membership.htm. Also, if you prefer, you can select to be placed on our email list first, to test what the club has to offer, before formally joining. SImply send a request to be placed on the mailing list to email@example.com.
Trips & Events- Numerous informal day-trips to Mt. Hood
- At least one weekend bus trip to a ski area in Oregon or Washington
- At least one longer winter trip to a resort in the Western part of the US or Canada
- We also actively participate in (and sometimes organize) larger multi-club trips, within the framework of the NWSCC(Northwest Ski Club Council) and the FWSA (Far West Ski Association)
- We hold monthly organizational (Board) meetings - open to all members
- Our quarterly general meetings are usually pizza parties or BBQs, featuring a guest speaker and/or a multimedia presentation (slides and videos from our trips and races)
- Annual chocolate party is usually held around Valentine's Day.
- Annual Memebership Party, held in early November
- Ocassional golf, bowling, rafting, hiking, and wine-tour, throughout the year
Upcoming Trips & Events
There are currently no events for this area, add yours today.